VT DSO-2810R on Windows 10

VT DSO-2810R on Windows 10

Postby Boojakascha » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:45 pm

Hello

I have a VT DSO-2810R. Is there a driver for it to use with Windwos 10? The one that came with Multi-Instrument 3.6 (VTUSB3) didn't work for me.
I am affraid the CD which came with the unit came bent like a bowl, so it won't read on any of my drives.

With kind regards
Beni
Boojakascha

Re: VT DSO-2810R on Windows 10

Postby VirtinsTech » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:21 pm

Thank you for your questions.

We have just released MI 3.6. You can download it from: http://www.virtins.com/MIsetup.exe. If you start the software for the very first time after installation, it will prompt you to select a default device, if you want the default settings to be set for VT DSO-2810R, then you should select VT DSO-2810R.

The software will be activated automatically if you connect the DSO to your computer first before you launch the software, provided that the hardware driver has been installed properly. You can find the hardware driver in the software's installation directory\Drivers\VTUSB3\32bit or 64bit. No activation code is required. Please refer to Section 1.3 of the hardware manual on how to install the driver.

To install the driver, plug in the USB DSO, then open the Device Manager under Windows Control Panel, right click the corresponding "Unknown device" under "Other Devices", and then select "Update Driver Software...". Manually point it to the software's installation directory\Drivers\VTUSB3\32bit or 64bit (depending on your Windows version). After driver installation, it should appear as "Virtins USB 3.0 Generic Driver" under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" in the Device Manager. The above driver installation procedure can be found in Section 1.3 of the hardware manual, which can be found in the software's installation directory\HardwareManual\...or from our website: http://www.virtins.com/VT-DSO-2810R-Manual.pdf

If you have installed a wrong driver (e.g. through automatic installation), you will need to uninstall it before installing the correct one.

The driver supports Windows 10.
VirtinsTech
Site Admin

Re: VT DSO-2810R on Windows 10

Postby Boojakascha » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:28 am

Upon install it tells me:
Code 48:
"The driver wasn't initialized because it causes errors in Windows. Consult the distributor" or similar (it's in German)

EDIT:
Suddenly it worked. I suggest all other users to continue trying. Thank you Virtins :-)
Boojakascha

Return to Questions