Polarity Check for Speakers, Microphones and Amplifiers

Polarity Check for Speakers, Microphones and Amplifiers

Postby VirtinsTech » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:48 am

This video explains how the polarity of speakers, microphones and amplifiers are defined and the importance of maintaining polarity consistency during sound recording and reproduction. Then it demonstrates how to test the polarity of them using a computer with a sound card and Multi-Instrument.

VirtinsTech
Site Admin

Re: Polarity Check for Speakers, Microphones and Amplifiers

Postby SethHur » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:31 pm

VirtinseTech wrote:This video explains how the polarity of speakers, microphones and amplifiers are defined and the Dianabol importance of maintaining polarity consistency during sound recording and reproduction. Then it demonstrates how to test the polarity of them using a computer with a sound card and Multi-Instrument.

Thanks for the video Virtins, came in very handfy for my testing.
Last edited by SethHur on Sat May 26, 2018 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SethHur

Postby athenatyner » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:09 pm

Good testing procedure. I am searching good microphoned headset which can provide amplified sound without losing sound quality. My friend suggests me an article to choose the best one for me. You can take a look...
best wireless headphones buyer guide
athenatyner

Postby MattyLada » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:18 am

Hi...i am a new user here.One way to test phase is to use a battery. This works for woofers and subwoofers. If the +ve terminal of the battery is connected to the +ve terminal of the woofer the cone will move out and if the +ve terminal of the battery is connected to the -ve terminal of the woofer the cone will move in. This can allow you to ensure that your subwoofers and woofers are electrically in phase. However since your subwoofer is usually in the trunk and your woofer is generally in the front door you may have to shift the phase of the subwoofer so that both woofer and subwoofer are acoustically in phase. I do this by ear. Using a piece of music I am familiar with I will have someone rotate the phase knob of the subwoofer amplifier till my ear tells me all is good. The best music for this is an isolated bass guitar that will cover the range from about 40Hz (Low E is 42hz) to 200hz. Stanley Clarke is a good option.

pcb assembly usa
MattyLada

Return to Audio & Acoustic Test & Measurement