PROBLEMS WITH THE "DUT"

PROBLEMS WITH THE "DUT"

Postby Testman » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:18 am

PROBLEMS WITH THE "DUT"

I want to mention a very serious error that occurs when i use the DUT. Since we are very busy, we don't have time for programming our own DUT plan. In this - as proposed and from you moreover - we load one of the ready * dtp offered from MI Pro 3.1. I must inform you that the operation DUT and the Signal Generator of MI Pro3.1 have pointed out in a forum as the most powerful tools of your software in comparisson with the lot of similar softwares like MI Pro3.1 and especially from people who work in the industry of measuring instruments. The problem with the ready dtp, is that appear very obsolete in comparison with the modern sound cards of 192KHz/24bit. Yesterday, I spent the half of my day in an effort to repair things for which I had understood from where originates the pop error windows like "Sampling rate is not supported" etc. The problem is found in the instruction "LDP" which loads a ready * psf. Those "psf are ready programed either wrong (I've seen a psf to load a sampling rate of 200KHz in signal generator! ) or very conservative regards to the possibilities of modern sound cards.
After identifying one by one the LDP instructions in which psf referred to, then i opened the list of psf and by loading those one by one i changed their settings. What they need to change in any psf is only the sampling rate at 48KHz or 96KHz instead the original 44,1 KHz shipped from MI Pro3.1 and the bit depth in 24bit instead the 16bit shipped as well from MI Pro3.1. I saved the changes to ready psf files, and then i tried a DUT of arround 320 steps. Everything was going well this time, the DUT ran normally, without interruptions and poping error windows until the last line,but.....when the DUT is just completed, this time a beautiful window "MI ERROR REPORT" emerges. There is a description of the error in the window which I do not understand, and i am not available to investigate, and so simply i press the button "Send Error Report to Virtins". You should have received about 20 messages "Error Report" yesterday from me! The worst thing is that it pops up at the same time and another one window with a memory error message from the computer, which reffers that the program it should be terminated! Thus i lost all the results of the test ! WOW!!! Instead, if I could press the button STOP 5 lines before the completion of the test, then I can see all other results except the Bandwidth test which executed in the last 5 lines.
There is no need to exhort you to identify the error and repair it, because I know very well that you will do this on your own.

Kind Regards
Fotios Anagnostou
Greece
Post at 1-10-2009 07:24

Thank you so much for the bug report and suggestions.

1. Yes, the sample Device Test Plans supplied with MI uses modest sampling rate and bit depth which are supported by almost all sound cards, because we would like to let the users to try out these functions no matter what kind of sound cards they use. Probably we should provide a pro version of these sample Device Test Plans using higher sampling rate and bit depth in the next MI release.

2. We have not encountered such problem using the sample Device Test Plans provided in MI. We will test it further.

virtins
Post at 2-10-2009 17:52

Thanks for your reply
If it is helpfull i must to inform you that my MI Pro3.1 it runs in a 64bit PC under WinXPx64. As well, i use two sound cards in the same PC; one SB X-Fi Platinum (24bit/96KHz) and one ASUS Xonar Essence STX (24bit/192KHz) both supporting ASIO drivers. So, either of the two cards, in the Settings panel it is asigned from me as Sound Card ASIO in the ADC and DAC device menu. Not as Sound Card MME.

Kind Regards
Fotios Anagnostou
Post at 2-10-2009 19:00

We have tested with some ASIO driver and have not encountered this problem so far. We will test it further. Meanwhile, you can change the ASIO buffer size via [Setting]>[Display]>"ASIO Buffer Size", it may help in your particular case.

virtins
Post at 3-10-2009 16:41

Different sound cards may have different output and input latency. If you encounter crash when using the instruction "SIO", please increase the duration and see whether it helps. Detailed timing diagram can be found in Section 8.2.5.1 of the software manual.

virtins
Post at 25-5-2011 12:36
Testman

Return to Bug Reports